Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cars


A vector is something that shows direction and magnitude. An example of a vector is a car. A car goes in a multitude of directions and can travel at many different speeds. I had a behind the wheel with my driving instructor and I noticed that cars relative to me and are going the same speed appear to be going no where from me, they look it looks like we are moving as one. Also, I noticed that when cars are opposite from the median relative to me, they appear to be passing really fast even though they are probably going the same speed. They appear to be moving really fast because they are going in the opposite direction.

1 comment:

  1. Good post! Ever since we've talked about cars as vectors in class, it always reminds me of this example.

    ReplyDelete